FemoScan® Comprehensive is a molecular test that analyzes the vaginal microflora or vaginal microbiome, as it is more commonly called.
FemoScan® Comprehensive analyses the total microbial load, normal microflora (lactobacilli), and all anaerobic and aerobic microorganisms, mycoplasmas, and yeast Candida that may be involved in the development of vaginal microbiome dysbiosis.
Vaginal microbiome is a complex dynamic system, which at any given time is affected by many endogenous and exogenous factors, such as age, sexual behavior, obstetric history, and the presence of hormonal disorders, the use of hormone therapy and contraception, antibiotic treatment, and the presence of other pathological conditions outside of the urogenital system.
The condition of the vaginal microbiome composition has a serious impact on the maintenance of reproductive function and therefore on the quality of life of women.
Diseases caused by opportunistic pathogens of the vagina can occur both with clinical manifestations and asymptomatically. The asymptomatic course of the disease often leads patients to delay their visit to the gynecologist, thus allowing the disease to progress and complications to occur. Diseases caused by opportunistic pathogens increase the risk of sexually transmitted diseases and HIV infection. Untimely diagnosed infections associated with opportunistic pathogens of the vaginal microbiome can cause reproductive disorders, miscarriages, premature births, intrauterine infections, low birthweight, postnatal complications, and pelvic complications.
Which women is FemoScan® Comprehensive aimed at?
FemoScan® Comprehensive is primarily aimed at women of childbearing potential who experience any of the following problems or conditions:
- They have symptoms of vaginal inflammation (itching, burning sensation, abnormal vaginal discharge, etc.)
- In cases of recurrent or very frequent occurrences of vaginitis (recurrent vaginitis)
- When preparing for childbirth or already pregnant (in any trimester)
- When preparing for in vitro fertilization
- In cases of unexplained infertility
- In cases of unexplained miscarriages
- Frequent changes of sexual partners
- As a preventive test, part of a scheduled gynecological examination in asymptomatic women seeking optimal levels of health
FemoScan® Comprehensive makes it possible to test the vaginal microbiome and its deviations from the normal one, in order to take the appropriate therapeutic measures in time (antibiotics, antifungals, antiseptics, probiotics)